Time to qualify for the State Championships! The SJS Masters Meet is Thursday and Friday at Elk Grove High School.
It was an awesome team effort with contributions from numerous event groups. The girls won the Section Championships 63-56 over Sheldon. Way to go!
Congratulations on an awesome League Champioships Meet. Congrats to the f/s and varsity girls teams, who finished as Delta League Champs.
Thank you to our volunteers who worked at the gate, in the concessions stand, in the timing tent, and at the events - Couldn't have done it without your support! Thank you also to the parents, friends, and community members who came out to cheer on the Blue Devils.
Team pictures will be at 4pm on Thursday, 5/11. Wear Your Uniform!!!
The girls 4x100m relay - Julia, Tessa, Paige, and Brooke - set a new school record, winning the day meet in 48.81.
Tazio finished 4th in the day meet discus, throwing a very solid 148'10".
Mimi ran right around her best in the 100m hurdles: 15.82.
Hannah cleared the 4'11" opening height in the high jumping, finishing 7th.
Emily finished 4th in the pole vault, clearing 11'1".
Sophie doubled in the 1600 and the 3200. She ran 5:17 in the 16, then ran a very impressive 10:55.56 in the 32.
Abbey ran a solid time of 11:13.12 in the 3200.
Sofia finished 3rd in the 3200 with an excellent time of 10:48.66.
Alyssa triple jumped 38'7.5" and Tessa went 36'4.5". This girls finished 3rd and 6th respectively in the night meet.
Olivia ran an excellent season best 1600m time of 4:57, finishing 2nd in the race.
Congrats to Micheal, who ran 4:09.84 for the mile (4:08.28 for 1600m), which is a new school record at both distances.
Thank you, coaches and teams, for attending this year's meet. We enjoyed having you!
The meet is at 3:30pm at Monterey Trail High School.
We will follow the same Delta League Order of Events
This is a league meet, so we expect athletes to stay through the entire meet. Athletes who need to travel to and/or from the meet with parents must email Coach Elliott before Wednesday.
Great job everybody - We had some awesome performances at Woody Wilson!
Big day for Paige and Brooke in the 100m, awesome distance double by Sophia Lodigiani, 5' for Hannah in the high jump, victory for the girls 4x4 of Cate, Bailey, Lily, and Abby.
Congrats also to Olivia O'Keeffe for her 1500m victory on Saturday!
Congrats to Athletes of the Meet: Sophie Lodigiani, Georgia Eastham, and Paige Rubinstein
Congratulations to our Stanford Invitational Competitors!
Michael wins the 3k and runs a 3:15 mile! Great efforts from all who competed.
Great job to those who competed. We had tons of inspirational PR's agains three great programs. The coaches are very proud of those who competed hard!
Varsity girls and boys beat Sheldon, but lost to Jesuit and Saint Francis.
Frosh/Soph girls won both; Frosh/soph boys lost two close ones: 68-66 to Jesuit and 69-62 to Sheldon
PG won the f/s boys division, but DHS won everything else! Congratulation to everybody on some great marks and some inspirational cheering, especially at the end of the meet.
Thank you to the parents who helped out at the PV and HJ too!
Congrats to athletes of the meet: Aidan Doms and Ianthe Pretorius
It was a great first meet of the year! Congrats to our athletes of the meet Bobby Scott and Abby Lo!
Yay Holmes. Yay Tim. You won. Yippee.
Starting next week, we will take attendance at practice every day at 4:00pm. After three unexcused absences, a student-athlete will be removed from the roster.
Because we will now be holding student-athletes accountable for attending practice, it becomes especially important for athletes to communicate with coaches about conflicts.
How does one request an excused absence?
1. Log in to xcstats, and use the notify your coach of an absence function. Once there, you will be able to click on the date(s) and select the category, i.e. "sick." You will also be able to click the coaches you'd like to receive this request. Always click Spencer Elliott, Tim Groth, and your specific event coach.
2. Remember, you are not informing your coach of an absence; you are requesting that the coach excuse your absence. In the body of the email, please phrase your request as a question. You might say, "My Auntie is visiting from Illinois. She is only here one night. May I miss practice so that I can spend as much time with her as possible?" If you write something vague like, "family commitment," I will not excuse your absence.
3. Please leave me enough time to respond. The sooner we know about the possible absence, the better. We need enough time to read the request and respond - at least 24 hours in advance. Practice starts at 4pm. If your request comes in at 3:57, we will not see it until after practice is over. Unexcused.
4. Open your email and read my response. Do not assume that we granted your request. Also, sometimes we have follow up questions.
What if one is sick?
If you attend school, you must attend practice. If you do not attend school, you may not attend practice. If you miss practice because you are sick, please let me know through xcstats as soon as you can. We understand that people can't predict sickness 24 hours in advance.
If you missed the Informational Meeting, reviewing this presentation is required. Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the information. email@example.com
After you review, please sign the "expectations and contribution form" and return it to me in my classroom (L-25) or at practice.
1. If you missed the meeting, review the 2017 Informational Meeting Powerpoint.
2. Give your "Clearance Card" to Coach Elliott. If you already participated in a DHS sport this school year, you can pick up your clearance card in the athletics office. If you have not participated in a DHS sport this school year, you can download the medical clearance packet from the DHS Athletics website or pick one up at the DHS athletics office.
3. Make sure you have a uniform: Click Here to Order a Uniform
4. Turn in the "Expectations and Contribution Form" to Coach Elliott. Click Here for a link to the Form
5. Add yourself to the roster using www.xcstats.com. You must complete this step in order to be on the roster. Click here for a link to xcstats
6. If you like, you may order DHS Track and Field Apparel from the Ink Monkey Online Store. The DEADLINE is February 21. Click Here!
Once again, you can order your DHS Track and Field apparel from the Ink Monkey Team Store.
Follow the link below. Our team password: track17
The DEADLINE to order is Tuesday, February 21.
Some notes about these items:
DHS Track and Field apparel is now available for purchase, including shirts, warm-up jackets and pants, hoodies, etc.
This year's hoodie is a breathable "tech" fabric, and will be screen-printed with the traditional large DHS T&F logo front and back; all other items will be embroidered as shown in the webstore. Order carefully as items cannot be returned - consult the "spec sheet" linked to each item to see size specifications and fabric information. Also, actual samples of these items will be available at practice for athletes to examine, likely during the week of February 13.
Payment can be made through PayPal and by credit card (you do not need to have a PayPal account to pay by credit card). Choose "pick up by group representative" and athletes can pick up their orders at practice for no extra charge approximately 2 weeks after the store closes. Orders must be placed by February 21 at midnight and then the store will be closed for the season.
Please contact Katie Blakewell with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, Katie Blakewell for setting this up!
When: Thursday, January 19 at 6:00pm
Where: The Davis High School Library
This is a mandatory event for athletes and parents. We will communicate the team's philosophy, rules, and expectations; we will go through the schedule and discuss the important dates; and we will communicate our fundraising needs. We will provide instructions on how to order uniforms and other items and how to get on the roster.
Preseason Conditioning continues after Winter Break - See you on Tuesday!
This season, we will be running preseason track and field through the Davis Community Track and Field Club. DCTFC, in addition to being an official USA Track and Field (USATF) club, is a 501C3 which supports track and field in the community.
By running the program through the club, we are able to open the practices to a broader age range and hire additional coaches to help with event groups and conditioning. There is a fee to join: $125 for the whole session, Monday through Thursday, November 28 through February 2. We will not run practices during the DJUSD winter break. Scholarships are available. Please let Coach Elliott know if you have any questions about the cost.
The purpose of preseason conditioning is the same as it has been in past years. Our goal is to prepare track and field athletes for success this spring. We will work on proper mechanics, we will develop strength and fitness intelligently, we will build a foundation that will allow athletes to maximize their potential this season. In comparison to the summer program, the winter program is more rigorous. We spend much less time in event groups; we spend more time on strength building and conditioning. Again, our goal is to prepare athletes for the spring season. The program is open to new and returning track and field athletes - no prior experience necessary!
Email Coach Elliott with questions: email@example.com
2017 Captains: Hannah Hergessel, Bailey Mknelly, Mimi Miyamoto, Alyssa Lengtat, Sofia Castiglioni, Abbey Fisk, Emily Meyer, Tessa Malone, Abby Macintyre, Simon Ford, Nicholas Leacox, Ben Easton, Michael Vernau